Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day two: Exploration


Day number two was a very busy and exciting day. I woke up at 7am this morning and went to go eat breakfast. I ate another egg this morning and had an assortment of other breakfast foods.
            We arrived for our second day at UEF and it was not very humid out which was very nice because it rained early this morning. We had an hour-long lesson on present day Vietnam that was very interesting and informative. After the lesson the group went to the canteen and I bought an iced- coffee, which was incredible delicious. After the coffee we had our second day of Vietnamese lesson classes. The language is awesome, I am having some trouble retaining what we are learning but I am really enjoying the lessons.
            We had our second company visit this afternoon at Phu My Hung Corporation. We traveled the 45 minutes to the main office building and went upstairs to checkout the view for a few minutes then went into the presentation room. A Phu My Hung representative presented to us their business plans both in the past and for the future. It was by far the most interesting presentation I have ever sat through. The Phu My Hung Corporation is a great company that I hope will continue to grow and change the infrastructure of Ho Chi Minh City and hopefully Vietnam. Then we were showed the business layout on a miniature three- dimensional model.
            Jay and I explored the Ben Tan market. It was an incredible scene with so many different goods. I’m excited to spend more time there and to buy stuff to bring home.
            For dinner the Vietnamese students from UEF took us out to a restaurant and took us to eat frozen yogurt. Today was a very good second day for my trip in Vietnam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment